When on Twitter checking my tweet stream for interesting messages, certain types of tweets grab my attention. First, I'm always on the lookout for interesting links and information about photography. In addition, I enjoy reading different forms of micropoetry, especially haiku.
Over the course of nearly two years on Twitter, I've become acquainted with two individuals who have earned excellent reputations in their respective crafts. @traceimages is a world-class photographer who presents captivating images—including many taken with an iPhone! Trace's poetic microblogging counterpart, @Jemfyr, continues to impress me with some of the most thought-provoking poetry I've read on the 'Net. Together they created Mosaïque Journey, a collaboration of poetry and photography. One Stop Poetry is fortunate to feature them both in the One Shoot Interview Spotlight...
|Trace & Jemfyr|
• Jemfyr ~ What I find similar is the visionary seam in between. The creative eye of both the poet and photographer capture an essence whether it is through vision or words. Hence, the seam in between can be two pages written in different languages, similar outcome.
architects, filmmakers, creative writers, world travelers, rain dancers, musicians, culinary lovers, coffee drinkers… in two words: Cultural Creatives.
• Jemfyr (@Jemfyr) ~ Twitter provides an avenue… on cruise control or pedal to the metal! Undoubtedly most helpful indeed when my pen is held as opposed to pressed to ink. I cannot think of a more creative process through which the streets of mentions, followers, search and make a favorite, provide a better vehicle to muse until sunset only to coast alongside the moon.
|Ode to Moon|
• Trace ~ Mosaïque Journey started as a single image I was seeking a haiku for. I’d always loved Jemfyr’s haiku and poetry, and thought she would be a perfect match. From there, it grew into a powerful series of images and poetry. It’s a great, on-going project!
|kutree in Zen garden|
• Jemfyr ~ Talk, really… talk. Have several conversations on different topics unrelated to poetry or photography. Discuss foods, movies, colors, childhood days… it is a bonding folks. Know the other artist. Listen to your gut. Know when to talk, listen… and sometimes sing that song together… who missed what words and how funny was that?! Then step back from yourself… perhaps from the other… what just unfolded? A vision? Potential project? Ask the HEY! What if’s… and when to say ah, I’m not getting that… let’s discuss it further. Not everything will work. Do not make it a priority to make YOUR art better than… leave your showboating at the door, keep an open mind… and give each other breathers. Take time off Twitter to take that drive. Come back and share the open road view! I promise you… BAM! It just feels so good!
• Jemfyr ~ Yes, a continued collaboration with Trace ~ that goes without saying. It is fall of 2010 and we have already begun our ‘poetic vision board’ into 2011. As the journey continues… let there be ART!
Your feedback is always appreciated.
|Come See & Read Mosaïque Journey|
Jemfyr's poetry blog: @http://jemfyr.blogspot.com/
Trace's photography blog: @ http://traceimages.blogspot.com/